Friday, January 28, 2011

Sticking to Wedding Trends

As a professional in the wedding industry, it is important for me to know what the new and upcoming trends are for the wedding season. However, I never force these trends upon my clients. I definitely will provide them with new ideas to take their wedding decorations to the next level. However, I never discourage them from planning and decorating the wedding of their dreams. Recently, I had a client say to me that they want a candy buffet, but they also know it is “sooooo 2009.” I said to them “Sooooo what?! You didn’t get married in 2009, so this is your chance in 2011.”

Here are some suggestions I have to 2011 brides:
1. Color – Choose the color that you have always imagined your wedding to be. There are no rules or restrictions to this. It is your wedding and you can have fall colors for a winter wedding, winter colors for a spring wedding, or an all black wedding in the summer. It is your day and you can design it any way you want.

2. Décor Elements – During initial discussions, clients often tell me that they want white polyster chair covers and colored chair sash tied in a bow. Then they ask me “Is that look still IN?” or “Is it OK to want that look?” I tell them it is OK to want that look. However, if they want a little bit of a twist to that look, we can change the color of the chair cover or tie the chair sash differently. It is OK to love the favorite look or to create a new twist on it.

3. Overall Look – Now that you have chosen everything to your liking, it is important to tie the look together to avoid having your wedding look like a hodgepodge scrapbook. (Don’t get me wrong, I love scrapbooking.) A great way to tie everything together is to use an overall theme or color family. I say color family because it provides the design more depth. Also, you won’t have to stress over everything matching exactly!

4. Trends – I know that the first thing brides purchase after getting engaged is not their dress, it is a good stack of wedding magazines. This is a perfect way to start getting ideas on design and trends. I want to stress that it is OK to follow all of the 2011 wedding trends as long as it is what you want for your wedding. Do not think you need to follow these trends because well, your wedding is in 2011.

5. Have Fun – The guests you have invited are (most likely) people you love and want to share this special day with. They are going to think your wedding is beautiful because it is a reflection of you.

If you would like to see some 2011 wedding trends, check it out at Savvy Scoop! Here are some inspiration pictures of Real Weddings from the Knot. (Blog posts are always more interesting with pictures!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...