Monday, September 19, 2011

Pink Wedding at Valley Ridge Golf Course

I was crazy excited when I got a facebook message from Kiki telling me that she was getting married. My first thought was: I have to book a flight to Hong Kong! Oh wait, I should finish reading her message to see what day she is getting married. Her next sentence was she was coming back to Calgary for her wedding. Her last sentence was she would like me to be her wedding planner. Wow, wow, wow!

Kiki and I met in school. After she graduated University, she moved back to Hong Kong and met (her now hubby) Ming. We planned her wedding long distance through telephone calls and facebook. (This was a first for me.) Kiki told me that she wanted a very pink wedding and left the rest up to me. I figured that since she was having her wedding in Calgary in the summer, it should be outdoors with lots of greenery. Hong Kong is very densely populated and green space is very hard to find. I suggested Kiki and Ming have their wedding at the Valley Ridge Golf Course. When I sent them the pictures of the venue, they loved it. They finally saw their venue two days before their big day.

The ceremony was held outside at the golf course, followed by an afternoon reception inside. A lot of the decorations at their wedding were handmade as I really wanted to provide them with a DIY personalized wedding. At the end of the afternoon reception, they were serenaded by the music of Kaden Core.

Venue: Valley Ridge Golf Course
Wedding Planner: Monica at Wishahmon – Wedding Creations
Decor and Florals: Monica at Wishahmon – Wedding Creations
Marriage Officiant: Weddings by Tamera
Cake and cupcakes: Whippt Desserts and Catering
Makeup and Hair: Polly Shum
Music: Kaden Core











No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...