Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Marshmallows: The New Cupcake?

Recently, I have met a lot of people with gluten free diets. After some research, speaking to them, and eating out with them, I now have a preliminary understanding of what their diet means. I am totally shocked by the amount of things that have gluten in them. Obviously a donut is out of the question, but flavoured teas? hoisen sauce? stamps? (Turns out gluten is what keeps your envelops closed after you lick them. Ew.)

It does not seem to be much fun to have a gluten free diet. Having said this, my friend has learned of many snacks that don't contain gluten. She is constantly snacking on popcorn, some brands of chips, seasame snaps, and marshmallows. The last one seems to be the less appealling to me but is her favorite. She believes marshmallows will be the next big thing. It appears that the Globe and Mail may agree with this statement.

Marshmallows don't appeal to me because it is just a puffy white thing that always taste burnt. (I am a horrible s'mores maker.) Turns out Toronto based company, I Love Puffy has a variety of flavors, including: Lemon Sunshine, Coconut Breeze, Mint Royal, Maple Cinnamon Kiss, and Chocolate Banana Wish. The next time I am in TO, I am absolutely going to get myself some to try! If anyone is visiting from TO, can you pretty please with a marshmallow on top bring me some?

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer
@Wishahmon


Photo Credits: I Love Puffy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...