Monday, August 26, 2013

How to Look Totally Handsome

It only seems like I am blogging more for guys/grooms. (Maybe it is because I realized that there are GUYS out there reading my blog. I don't think my BF even reads my blog. Mental note to test him on today's blog post.)

Previously we shared short tutorials on how to tie a bow tie and how to fold a pocket square. The only agenda was and is to help grooms look good on their big day. Afterall, it is his big day too! Here are some tips on how to look totally handsome on your wedding day or everyday. (Swoon...wouldn't that be nice?)

Get a Haircut!
OMG. Yes. I have to say this. Get a haircut before your wedding day. You can try to slick it back like the guys from Mad Men, but honestly, they have a great cut under all of that "slick."

Get a haircut like the guys from Mad Men .
Photo Credit: AMC / via: artofmanliness.com

Get a Suit that Fits Well
It is really hard for me to resist not running out of a room screaming when a groom tells me he is going to just rent a suit for his wedding. I know it is just for one day but why would you wear something ill-fitting on your wedding day when there will be tons of pictures taken? If the rental is necessary for budget reasons or is a close fit, ok. However, grooms: if you buy a suit you can wear this over and over again after the wedding. See it as an investment.
Step 1: Make sure your suit fits.

Photo Credit: denisesalceda.com

Wear Really Nice Shoes
Once again, it is an investment piece that you can wear after the wedding!

If you're not going to run, don't wear running shoes.
Photo Credit: modernmansworld.tumblr.com

Accessorize and Pull the Look Together
Ties, belt, watch, tie clip, cuff links all bring the look together! Pay attention to these accessories. (Think Randy Jackson. Whatsup dog?!) If you are totally lost on what little things to add, ask your bride. Likely, she won't mind shopping for accessories for you!

Stop buying "small, medium, and large" dress shirts.
Photo Credit: sparklesandsensation.com

If my blog post still haven't convinced you to pay attention to how you look on your wedding day. Consider sharing this blog post with your bride and asking her if I am totally out to lunch. Most likely I am not and you will owe me lunch. (I like sushi.)

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer
@Wishahmon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...