Monday, July 11, 2011

Centerpiece for Cake Lovers!

For Sonia and Andrew’s wedding, we often chatted about other aspects of their wedding. This was mostly because of Sonia and I loved to talk about her wedding and we would often get sidetracked during our discussions. (I don’t think this is a bad thing because often this is when the best ideas come to life!)

The guest table centerpieces were one of the last things that Sonia and Andrew made a decision on. The centerpiece idea came about through our discussion about cake. (I think these two really like cake!) Andrew said softly that they wanted cake as a centerpiece. I was shocked because this idea came to me about the same time. However, I made some additional suggestions. Rather than having them on a cake stand, I suggested a wide mouth vase with flowers inside and a clear plate on top for the cake. When guests arrive they will see a beautiful centerpiece, then as an element of surprise all the cakes will be brought out at the same time and placed on top of the vase. Guests cut their cakes after Sonia and Andrew have cut their wedding cake. After the cake has been eaten, the plate will be taken away and a beautiful centerpiece remains!

This cake centerpiece idea not only serves the purpose of a centerpiece, it also saved Sonia and Andrew a lot of money for cake-cutting costs! (Sorry venues!) I think this centerpiece was a real hit with the guests because I heard one guest say “I can’t believe we get our own cake! This is so cool!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...