Sunday, August 22, 2010

Cochrane Ranche House

I have known my childhood friend, Hilda for almost three decades. (We were young when we met, not that we are old!) When she told me that she got engaged, I was so happy for her. Hilda and I, both have over ten years of art education. We are almost polar opposites when it comes to art and design. I love bright colors and over the top designs, while Hilda loves subtle colors and understated designs. When designing her wedding, I had to keep in mind of what she loves.

The design process took longer than usual. Mostly because of long distance communications and we kept finding better ideas for her wedding. Hilda’s wedding ceremony and reception was held at the Cochrane Ranche House. The venue was very open, bright, with lots of warm tones and wooden elements. Her colors were yellow, white, and light green. She wanted a relaxed, simple, and pretty wedding.

Hilda’s wedding has been the most stressful wedding for me to date. It was stressful not because of all the different elements to her wedding or the size of the wedding, but because I wanted to provide her the perfect wedding. Two elements that made Hilda’s wedding extra special was the fresh greenery ceremony arch and the custom silk leaf head table backdrop. (I hand-pined over 120 leaves on this backdrop!)

At the end of the night, Hilda and her new husband, Kevin told me that their wedding was absolutely beautiful. I was happy to hear they loved how their wedding looked. I was most happy that my childhood friend is now happily married. I wish them both a wonderful future together.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...