Thursday, July 19, 2012

Canyon Meadows Community Hall Wedding


 I met Cikiena through one of my former brides and current friend. Cikiena called me one night and said: "Monica! I am getting married! I need your help!" I was so excited for her and Iain. They are absolutely the cutest computer geek couple I know! Cikiena then told me that her wedding is in three months at the Canyon Meadows Community Hall. I think I did a pretty good job of hiding the panic in my voice!

With an arts and graphic design background, Cikiena already had her color scheme picked out. She wanted white, turquoise, silver, and red accents. She also loved one of my previous centerpieces decorated with keyboard keys and wanted to incorporate that centerpiece design into her own. Seven centerpieces were made in total and all of them were different heights and slightly different! Each centerpiece had a different message, such as "5201314." When these numbers are said in Mandarin, it means "I love you for a lifetime."

I truly had a blast designing this wedding for Cikiena and Iain. I wish them both all the best in the future as Mr. and Mrs.

~Monica


We had two different centerpieces to add a little bit of whimsy to the wedding. The succulent plants were very important to Cikiena because it reminded her of wonderful memories she had with her grandma. So sweet!




This was the head table centerpiece.  I hope "Iain Luvz Her" forever  and "Cikiena Luvz Him" forever!


Photo backdrop perfect for two computer geeks! Towards the end of the night, guests got pretty creative and took pictures with the "c" covered. Yup, you guessed it, there were plenty of pictures where the signed turned into "we licked."



This cute 8 bit flower vase was the inspiration of this wedding! So cute that I gave it to the bride and groom as a keepsake!


Here is the overall look of the venue! I think we transformed it perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...