Friday, February 1, 2013

Bridal Hair: DIY Chignon

I have always loved the look of a chignon but never knew what it was called to tell my hairstylist or search it on youtube. I always called it a "bun." However, there are lots of different styles of "bun" out there and you really have no chance of having a hair professional understand what you truly mean and want.

Now that I know what they are called, I am certain I am now pronouncing it wrong. BUT! At least I am a step closer now. Here are some pictures of chignon that you might want to consider showing your hair stylist for your bridal updo. There is even a DIY tutorial at the end of the post if you want to attempt it youself. For the first time, I think I might have found an updo where the more hair you have the better! Yea!

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer @Wishahmon





 
Here is the DIY tutorial provied byThe Beauty Department. It show us how to create a simple chignon with lots of body. The bling really brings the chignon to the next level!


Photo Credits: 1) Sarah Gawler via Ruffled 2) Dev Photography via One Wed 3) Smallpigart Photography via Style Me Pretty 4) Renee Brock via Junebug Weddings 5) Full Tutorial via The Beauty Department

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...