Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Guest Blogger: Kasia Gorski

Weddings can get expensive and a lot of brides often find creative ways to save money. I always advise my brides to save on things that don't really matter to them and to splurge on the things that do matter, whether it is the wedding gown, decor, photography, or the cake.

More than 50% of the wedding budget is taken up by catering or food at the wedding. It is the obvious way for couples to save money. However, what is the best way to save? Is it worth it to ask your Aunt Mary to cater your entire wedding reception of 100 guests because she is really good in the kitchen?

We asked Kasia Gorski of Great Events Group to help answer this question. Stay tuned for her two part series on Choosing a Caterer for your Wedding! Below is her bio!

~Monica Hui
Owner, Lead Planner and Designer
If you like our weekly ramblings, LIKE us on our 
Wishahmon page too! More goes on there!



Early in 2009, I started working with GreatEvents Group while studying Event Management at Mount Royal College. I got involved with several departments of the company, including reception for GreatEvents Rentals and later sales for GreatEvents Catering, both which exposed me to the exciting world of executing events. I parted ways from GE to work with several other event companies, but eventually returned in 2014, as the Marketing Assistant. Special event organization brings together elements of an overall bigger picture and working for GreatEvents Group is a riveting career: never a dull moment. They’ve been in the catering business for over 30 years, with the rentals division operating for over 10 years, and have a number of restaurants and cafes operating under them, including Cravings Market Restaurant and the newly adapted of the Bow Valley Ranche Restaurant.

I have been writing since I was a teenager, and it cheers me to play with words and turn phrases. Until now, it has been mostly a hobby, but my new position with GreatEvents has incited me to write a few professional pieces, including guest blogs and magazine articles. Writing about an industry I love is a treat, as is the mitigation of party mishaps through the education of the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...