Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Cost of Being a Bridesmaid

One of my closest friends has been a bridesmaid for over five times. It really doesn't "pay" to have lots of friends that like you and want you in their wedding party. My friend told me the amount of money she is spending on one wedding. Of course, she is responsible for her bridesmaid dress, all the accessories that goes with it, and her makeup and hair for the day of. But then she told me about the bridal shower she is helping to throw for the bride at a swanky hotel in town, the stagette being held in Vegas, and the girls only pampering day right before the wedding. As she was telling me all of this, I heard dollar signs in my head and then blurted out the question: Are you going to go into debt for this wedding? She said no, not for this one. But she has to do this three more times THIS wedding season. Holy crap.

Before you agree to being a bridesmaid, you might want to consider the costs associated to this position. If you are bride, you might also want to consider the infographic below to manage your expectations of your bridesmaids. Afterall, you wouldn't want to go into debt if the tables were turned!

~Monica
If you like our weekly ramblings, LIKE us on our 
Wishahmon page too! More goes on there!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...