Monday, April 8, 2013

Parks and Recreation: Leslie Knope's Wedding Gown

Fighting bronchitis over the weekend, I thought I would so something productive like clear the PVR (couch potatoe-ing it.) As I was going down the PVR list, I decided to watch Parks and Recreation. This show is not my fave but it does have some funny moments. I have mostly been watching it because the main character, Leslie Knope got engaged and was planning her wedding. (Of course it has to be wedding related for me to be interested!)

I thought there was going to be a few of wedding planning episodes but Leslie decided to get married after a fundraiser. Quick wedding planning!

The episode was cute but the thing that made my heart melt was Leslie's wedding gown! The gown was half completed and her maid of honor finished the skirt for her. It looked like a bunch of newspapers but I was interested in what "newspapers" it were. I am almost never this curious but I googled her gown and found an article. Turns out the skirt was a collage of Leslie’s greatest achievements. Costume supervisor, Kirston Mann  had sewn together newspaper clippings about Leslie’s Harvest Festival victory and City Council win, her campaign flyers, and even portraits of her role models Madeleine Albright, Hillary Clinton, and Michelle Obama. The flower on her waist was made out of the Pawnee city logo.

Turns out “It wasn't just a bunch of newspapers I had lying around,” Mann said. “Every single piece was pulled from a Parks episode — even though no one in a million years will be able to see all the details.” 

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer
@Wishahmon

PARKS AND RECREATION -- "Leslie and Ben" Episode 513 -- Pictured: (l-r) Adam Scott as Ben Wyatt, Amy Poehler as Leslie Knope

 
Photo Credit: Vulture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...