Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royal Wedding Dress

People not in the wedding industry may not see what all the fuss is about with the Royal Wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton. When their engagement was announced, I was so excited for them but didn’t really have anyone to share the news and excitement with cause I didn’t think too many people would care. I was excited because I know their wedding will set new wedding trends and standards. All eyes will be on this wedding and it will be talked about for decades. I even started reading CNN just to keep up with the Royal Wedding! (Occasionally, I would read some world news too. I am a changed person after their engagement!)

In addition to the Royal Wedding being an important one, all eyes will also be on Kate’s wedding gown. No doubt, her dress will be the inspiration for many brides that want to look like a princess and to have a princess wedding. There have been numerous speculations on who is the designer of Kate’s dress, but nothing has been confirmed. It is amazing that a secret like this has been kept so under wraps. In a couple more hours, we will be able to see Kate’s wedding dress. It has already been set to record on my PVR with extended time!

While I have my own predictions on what I think Kate’s dress will look like, I think I am just going to keep it to myself to see if I am right! In the meantime, here are some interesting facts I found on wedding dress when I was researching for my radio interview.

• Wedding dresses used to be colorful and not necessarily white.
• White wedding dresses became popular in 1840 after Queen Victoria’s wedding.
• Many people assumed that the color white was intended to symbolize virginity. However, it is actually symbolic of a Christening gown.
• Princess Diana’s wedding dress was ordered to be made only three months before her wedding and it was made in the designer’s basement.
• Princess Diana’s wedding dress had a 25 ft veil and 10,000 pearls.

Oh gosh, I just couldn't help posting a picture of my dress prediction. A blog isn’t complete without a picture! Here is a wedding dress by Phillipa Lepley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...