Wednesday, April 6, 2011

TOMS Shoes

I love shoes almost as much as I love weddings. On average, I buy four pairs of shoes on each vacation. The most I ever bought on vacation was nine pairs. (Oops. No idea how that happened.) Now before you start to wonder, what does my shoe addiction have to do with weddings? Wait for it…the wedding part of this blog post is coming.

When discussing the wedding ceremony design, brides often ask me what type of shoe or heel they should wear that day to walk down the aisle. Rather than going into huge detail about current shoe designers and trends, we often discuss the type of flooring (whether hard wood or grass) at the ceremony venue and options to accommodate the shoe/heel. I have to stress to brides that aisle runners help very little when you are walking down the aisle in heels. Aisle runners help keep the wedding gown clean but it does not solve the problem of uneven grass. An option is to rent sections of a dance floor to place on top of the grass and place an aisle runner on top.

Recently, I started advising my brides to wear her most comfortable shoes for the ceremony, whether these are cowboy boots, runners, or flip flops. I tell my brides that the best shoe/heel for the ceremony is whatever they can walk comfortably and confidently in. I also remind them that most often they are going to be nervous and excited. The last thing they need to concentrate on is walking. Save the heels for wedding pictures!

A couple of months ago, one of my best girl friends introduced me to a line of shoes called TOMS Shoes. This is a company that would match every pair of shoes purchased with a pair of new shoes given to a child in need. As of September 2010, TOMS has given over one million pairs of new shoes to children in need through Giving Partners around the world.

TOMS Shoes also have a bridal line! How absolutely cool is this? Brides and grooms can wear TOMS Shoes on their wedding day and know that two children on the other side of the world will also be wearing a pair of shoes as a result of their purchase. What a memorable way to celebrate your wedding day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...