Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Losing Weight for Your Wedding

It wasn't until I started Wishahmon - Glorious Gowns that I heard (a lot) brides saying: I am going to lose 10 pounds before my wedding; I am just carrying my winter weight and I will lose it before my wedding; or I haven't had the time to work out but will diet before the wedding. I always tell them they are beautiful the way they are RIGHT NOW. With the stress of wedding planning, there is really no need to add more stress "tonnage."

As luck would have it, I was communicating with through "twitter" with @VincciT and learned she is a registered dietitian. I reached out to her and asked her to share her wisdom with brides wanting to get healthier (not to lose "x" number of pounds). Guess what?! She responded three hours later and agreed to a three part series for brides wanting to get healthy/lose weight/whatever you call it. Starting next week, Vincci will be our guest blogger three Wednesdays in a row. Below is a little bit about Vincci:

Vincci Tsui is a Calgary-based registered dietitian who loves delicious food that nourishes. She takes a compassionate approach to nutrition that focuses on cultivating a positive self-image and developing a healthy relationship with all foods. She loves helping people learn to nurture this relationship with themselves and with food while nourishing their bodies in ways that are healthy yet delicious.

Vincci is frequently called upon to provide expert advice on nutrition and food in print media and television. She also shares recipes and restaurant reviews on her blog Ceci n’est pas un food blog, and is the food editor of Calgary is Awesome.

Vincci doesn’t just talk the talk – she is an instructor for Start From Scratch, a non-profit cooking program for post-secondary students. She has also done numerous cooking demos and classes for various organizations.

Born in Hong Kong and raised in Calgary, Vincci received her Bachelor of Science in Nutritional Sciences from McGill University in Montreal and completed the university’s Integrated Dietetic Internship. She is a proud member of the College of Dietitians of Alberta and Dietitians of Canada.

Small disclaimer about Vincci's posts on the Wishahmon blog: At the end of each of her posts, I attached a bridal bouquet made with some veggies or fruits. I thought they were so cute and fitting with her posts on nutrition. If you disagree, it is totally my bad and not hers.

~Monica
If you like our weekly ramblings, LIKE us on our
Wishahmon page too! More goes on there!

artichoke centerpieces with white mason jars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...