Friday, December 20, 2013

Wishahmon Year in Review - 2013

In keeping with a (short) tradition of recapping the highlights of our year, here are the things that are noteworthy / made us happy or proud / was an epic milestone!

1) I jumped on the bandwagon and started watching Mad Men this year. (Starting with season six!) In addition to trying to catch up and learn everyone's names/roles/background in the series, I started paying attention to what the guys were wearing. They were all so impeccably dressed all the time! (Yeah, I know it is a tv show and why would we want to watch a show with a bunch of slobs.) As a result, we started dedicating blog posts to grooms too!


2) We combined forces with Forbidden City Restaurant! As stated before I think they are one of the top resturants in Calgary in terms of creativity of new dishes. It was truly an honor to have been asked by them to create a custom wedding package offered only to the couples having their wedding reception there. Hoping for more collaborations in 2014!


3) Found a picture of myself in Avenue Magazine in the Party Crasher section! Can cross off "have my picture in magazine" off my bucket list.


4) In June, Alberta was hit with the worst flood it has seen in a long time. Although we don't have huge muscles or big trucks, we offered to help brides and grooms if the flood added to their wedding stress. In three weeks, we were able to help several couples relocate weddings from High River, golf courses, and the Calgary Zoo.



5) Unbeknownist to us, we decorated a wedding ceremony that reminded someone of Star Wars. We got skillz.


6) BF and I bought a trillium trailer, fixed him up, and called him Bruce. This was the first really non-related wedding post. It was a huge stretch to make it wedding related and we couldn't stretch that far. I was so excited with this project, I absolutely had to share! I also wrote this post to show my clients what I do/will be doing during non-wedding season. (Most of them don't think I do anything that is non-wedding related.)


7) After months of planning and blogging (18 blog posts!), Carisa and Richard tied the knot! After their wedding, we became great friends. Tomorrow they are going on their honeymoon! Have a great time guys!


8) We had our first booth at the Bridal Expo! The experience is quite different from attending the expo! We had a great time meeting tons of brides face to face. At the end of the day, we had 33 appointments set up with brides to look at gowns. Special thanks to Ken, Polly, Cikiena, and Ivy for all their help and support that day and beyond!



9) I met my first real friend through Twitter! We shared a mutual friend and had a brief conversation through twitter. I reached out to her and she agreed to be a guest blogger! Vincci Tsui shared her tips on how brides can lose weight for her wedding. Her three part series were some of our most read blog posts of the year!


10) We started our fundraiser to help rebuild habitats at the Calgary Zoo from the June flood. Old and new friends immediately jumped onboard to help me out with this project. As of date, we have raised $3400! We are going to keep at this until we have raised $10,000 for the zoo!!



11) Took several breaks from blogging this year. The most epic break resulted in seeing Justin Timberlake in concert. He was standing about 10 feet from me! I was screaming at the top of my lungs when I snapped this picture.


12) We added a couple of great people to our team! Ivy, Cikiena, and Ken came onboard to help with Wishahmon - Glorious Gowns and Wishahmon - Wedding Creations. They offer lots of creativity and energy. 2014 is going to be better than the years before! We are all looking forward to it with open minds and hearts. Huge thanks to our family, friends, clients, supporters, and readers. We will keep doing our very best because weddings is what we truly love to do!!

~Monica
If you like our weekly ramblings, LIKE us on our
Wishahmon page too! More goes on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...