Monday, March 3, 2014

New Series: Bridal Skincare Tips

This new blog series was inspired by L from our last Vegas trip. As you know, when you go on a trip with someone, all secrets are exposed. The first morning in Vegas, we were both putting on makeup when L said to me "THAT is all you put on your face?" I said "What?! Do I need more? Where? What do you see?" As it turns out L was surprised I only put on lotion and concealer under my eyes when I go out. No foundation, powder, or BB cream. Only the real (skin) deal.

I am not a beauty expert but a true skincare beauty junkie. When friends ask me what cleanser or lotion I use, I ask them "You mean one product?" I have at least 5 cleansers and least 7 lotions that I use on rotation year round. I have always been a beauty junkie after my mom told me if I have a good canvas (skin) I don't need a lot of paint (makeup). It makes more sense when said in Chinese.

Often my brides freak out before their wedding about bumps on their skins or a huge zit and say they wish they had good skin like me. I tell them that I wasn't born with good skin, I work at it. Brides too should work on their skin as early as possible. There isn't a magical product that will bless you with perfect skin on your wedding day a week before. (If there is, please let me know!!)

Through this series, I hope to share the skincare products that work for me. I will share with you when and why I use a specific product and hope it works out for you too. Most products should be available in North America, some from Asia, and some online.  (I am not paid for any of my reviews. Just sharing tips girlfriend to girlfriend.)

Cheers to great skin!

⋙ Inspiration; bridal shower, spa, beauty plus skin care tips -Brides.com #DreamDigs #WinterFauna

~Monica
If you like our weekly ramblings, LIKE us on our 
Wishahmon page too! More goes on there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...