Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy 2010!

A couple years back, I decided not to make New Years resolutions because I knew I would not be able to keep up with the new resolution past January 5. Rather than making a resolution (to lose the last 10 pounds again), I have opted to learn something new every year. Coincidently, most of the things I learn relate to the wedding industry and allows me to better assist my clients. Two years ago, I learned and got my Certificate in Floral Design. Last year, I learned to work with paper (making invitations and various table stationary). This year, I have decided to learn a little bit about photography!

During consultation meetings with my clients, I ask a lot of questions. Some of which my clients give me a blank look and wonder if I am a crazy lady. For example, when designing the ceremony vow area, I ask my clients how tall they are. The reason I ask is so that I can measure and keep in mind the client's heights when designing the decorations. I don't want the decorations to look like horns coming out of my client's heads. This is definitely not a memory they want reflected in their wedding pictures!

Wedding decorations help create a feeling and a beautiful wedding for my client's special day. Photography is the lasting memories that my clients get to keep for the rest of their lives. Hopefully, I can merge both of these things to better assist my clients. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...