Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Comfort Foods at Your Wedding

Everyone has a comfort food that just makes everything ok again. I have to admit that I have quite a few comfort foods and they only became a comfort food of mine about five years ago when I first started eating cheese. Growing up I didn't eat any cheese at all. (Did you know that there isn't a single Chinese dish that uses cheese as one of the ingredients?) Five years ago, my friend made me my first grilled cheese sandwich. This is how the conversation went:

      Me: OMG! This is so good!
      Friend: Are you mocking me?
      Me: No. Seriously, I've never had a grilled cheese sandwich before!
      Friend: It is just bread and sliced cheese.
      Me: Cheese comes in slices?!

Getting back to the reason for this post, wouldn't it be great to share your comfort foods and story with your wedding guests? Of course, they will have to be minature versions but they will make great cocktail appetizers or snacks towards the end of the night. Here are some of great ideas of comfort foods you can serve at your wedding. (Most of them are my comfort foods!)

~Monica
Owner and Lead Designer @Wishahmon


Mac and Cheese bites


Grilled Cheese and Shots of Tomato Soup


Spaghetti and Meat Balls


Mini Hotdogs


Pigs in Blanket (Never knew the names of these until now!)


Milk and Oreos


Photo Credits: Style Me Pretty, Peter Callahan, Jeremy's Daily Photograph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...