Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Humanity First Fundraiser

A couple of weeks ago, I got a Facebook invitation to attend a fundraiser to support the flood victims in Pakistan through the charity organization called Humanity First. My friend, Anila is one of the organizers of this fundraiser. Although I will not be able to attend the dinner, I have donated a wedding planning gift basket for the silent auction. I hope that my small contribution will add to the funds raised at this event.

The fundraiser will be held on September 19, 2010 (Sunday) from 6:30pm to 9:00pm at the Commonwealth Hall. The address is: 3961 – 52 Avenue NE. The program for the night includes: An Indian/Pakistani dinner, Humanity First awareness presentation, live and silent auction, and light entertainment. Tickets are $70/person or $490 for a table of eight.

If you too are interested in making a small (or large) contribution, purchasing tickets for the dinner, or donating a silent auction item, please contact Anila at anila.umar@gmail.com.

Remember every small contribution adds up to something great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...