Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thematic Thursdays: Hanging Your Wedding Decor

I really like to creative different designs. I got to admit that sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, and sometimes my creativeness just drives people (my team members) crazy. My current obsession is hanging wedding decorations. I have been throwing this idea out a lot and honestly, I haven't been getting a lot of support from the clients/people I tell. Maybe it is because my ideas are hard to imagine in the venue or it is hard to imagine that it can be possible.


Hanging decor can help you put the wow factor in your wedding literally from top to bottom. Ceiling decor usually means hanging paper lanterns, fabric draping, or chandeliers. (The last one is a huge trend for 2012!) Personally, I think (almost) anything can be hung from the ceiling and look good .(Check out the third picture of hanging perfume bottles!) Even single stem flowers. (Lots of it!) Here are some inspiration pictures to show that hanging decorations does work and looks good! Hopefully, now my team members will be able to visualize what I am imagining in my head and not "question" my "creativity"! (Love you guys!)


~Monica


Of note: If you are planning on incorporating some hanging decor at your wedding, here are some of my tips:      
1) Make sure you check with the venue that hanging things from their ceiling is ok. You really don't want to be told on the day of that it is not possible or be slapped with a huge fine at the end of the night for damages.
2)  Plan for more set up time. You cannot have tables and chairs set up at the venue before or during the installation of hanging decor. Oddly enough, the latter has to be set up first.
3)  Unless you know a ton of REALLY tall basketball players, you are going to need a to use a boom lift with a lift operator. The lift operator has to be licensed to use the boom lift. Don't even think you can do this yourself!





Photo Credits: 1) Ruffled Blog 2) Style Me Pretty 3) Bonnie Tsang Photography 4) and 5) The Cinderella Project

2 comments:

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...