Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Monica's Vacation: Victoria, Tofino, Nainamo, Vancouver

Have I ever mentioned that Krista and I make a great team? So great that we even take our vacations on separate weeks! Krista is taking the next two weeks off to chill by a pool. I took last week off to go to Victoria, Tofino, Nainamo, and Vancouver. As previously indicated by Krista, I always try to pack in a lot to do every day. Vacation days are no different! Lots to see, eat, and do!

Here are some pictures of my vacation. I didn't bring my SLR camera this time as I was trying to travel light. (Only one piece of carry-on luggage!) I still tried to play with camera angles and take "artsy" pictures with my point and shoot camera. Please feel free to leave me a comment on what you think of my pictures. Photography tips are also welcomed!

~Monica

House boat in Victoria - Fisherman's Wharf. I wondered for a brief moment what it would be like to live on a boat (this one was for sale too!) then quickly remembered that I have horrible motion-sickness.



This boat was on the other side of a bridge. I hiked up my skirt, squated, and took this picture. Lots of effort and un-ladylike posing went into this one. I like how the pillars of the bridge frames the boat.


Ferries at the Victoria harbour did a water ballet. Although it only lasted 10 minutes, I giggled like a little girl the whole time. Very enjoyable experience. I took about 20 pictures during the entire performance.

This was the beach at Tofino. I camped there for two nights and was ten steps away from this beach. It was absolutely awesome especially since it was only the second time that I had sand between my toes.

Just realized that I didn't take a single picture at Nainamo. I think it was just too hot. 34 degrees almost every day! This was a ship at Steveston. It was no mistake that there is a huge red thing in the middle of my picture. At the time, I thought it would be cool. Now looking at it, I am not too sure!

Really no pictures were taken in Vancouver since I mostly just shopped. I did take a picture of my shopping haul, but it is really not worthy of sharing! All in all, it was a wonderful break and vacation. My sock monkey, LC, also had some time to relax and read on the beach. (The man in the picture actually walked right up to us to see what was sitting on the mat. I don't know who was more embarassed, him, me, or LC.)

1 comment:

  1. Monica, these are great!! I should take some photos on my vacay as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...