Thursday, August 9, 2012

Recycled Centerpiece Vases

Whenever I have an empty (wine or soy sauce) bottle I never throw it out. I always recycle it or if the mood strikes, I upcycle it and make it into something different. Usually, they just turn into a candle holder or vase. But hey thoughtfulness counts for something, right?!

I learned about the term, "upcycle" through reading Danny Seo's blog. His imagination is absolutely amazing. I first learned about him when I came across one of his books during my travels. I still yearn to make something totally different with my accumulated bottle, tin, box, anything "square" collection one of these days. In the meantime, I leave you with some inspirational pictures. (BTW - I totally love the last picture. Mental note to start keeping all of my magazines.)

~Monica

Disclaimer: All of my so called collections are neatly organized!





9-9-2008centerpiece2.jpg


These vases are made from old magazines! Can you believe  it?! If you have the time and patience, you can learn how to make these here.

magvases

Photo Credits: 1) Style Unveiled 2) flowers, 3) candles, 4) drinks, 5) table numbers 6) Apartment Therapy 7) Antonis Achilleos via Rachael Ray Mag 8)  Green your decor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...