Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fantasy Floral Designs

Flowers are tricky to choose - especially when you are not familar with the different varieties of flowers. Often my clients ask me for floral suggestions for not only their centerpieces but also their bouquets. My clients also ask me what flowers are IN style. I always tell them that what is IN style doesn't really matter, the most important thing is to choose flowers that they like and goes with their wedding theme. For example, if you are having a modern outdoor wedding, a cascading bouquet might not necessary work. (If you love the look of the cascading bouquet, go for it. I know I am contradicting myself, but really, it is your day. You get to call all the shots.)

As an alternative to fresh floral bouquets, I came across a blog called Fantasy Floral Designs - Home of the Brooch Bouquet. A talented lady by the name of Amanda Heer creates these beautiful bouquets made out of brooches. I think this is a wonderful idea. It can be very personal, creative, and it lasts forever! This is a great alternative if you have heirloom brooches in your family already or if each family member wants to contribute to your brooch bouquet. Another great idea to throwing your bouquet to one lucky lady at the end of the wedding day is to take apart your brooch bouquet and give each single lady a brooch from your bouquet. (Of course, these shouldn't be heirloom brooches!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Suggested Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...